As we get into the festive season a bit earlier it seems this year, please take a moment to consider a few electrical safety warnings;
- No matter how tempting it is to squeeze another socket in to ‘make do’ these can quickly over heat and cause fire.
- Check your lights conform to British Standards
- All outdoor lights should use an RCD (Residual Current Device which switches off power instantly)
- Fitting an outside power socket is a preferable and safer alternative to putting a power supply in a plastic bag!
- Unplug lights before going to bed
- Check the battery in your smoke alarm regularly
For more information or to book in a quote or work please message us or call on 01594 723062